(Opens in a new window)
To read PDF files, download
BERKELEY CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL CLOSED MEETING
monday, july 17, 2006
Roll Call: 5:00 p.m.
Present: Councilmembers Anderson, Capitelli, Maio, Moore, Olds, Spring, Worthington, Wozniak, and Mayor Bates.
Public Comment: No speakers.
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957.6:
Unions: Berkeley Fire Fighters Association Local 1227 I.A.F.F.
City Negotiators: Philip Kamlarz, City Manager
Lisa Caronna, Deputy City Manager
Tracy Vesely, Budget Manager
Debra Pryor, Fire Chief
David Orth, Deputy Fire Chief
David Hodgkins, Director of Human Resources
Margarita Zamora, Senior Human Resources Analyst
Robert Kraus, Senior Human Resources Analyst
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - EXISTING LITIGATION PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54956.9(a):
1. Carl Friberg, et. al v. Tom Bates, et.al,, Alameda County Superior Court number No. RG 05 230715
2. Arntz Builders v. City of Berkeley, et.al. Alameda County Superior Court No. BG 03 095394 and consolidated cases
3. Eugene Evans v. City of Berkeley- United States Supreme Court
(Petition served Tuesday July 17, 2006, no docket number known as of agenda preparation).
Action: Discussion held.
Adjourned at 5:55 p.m.