Now accepting applications for the Summer 2014 season! Employment Application
Welcome to the City’s Employment Page for Recreation programs. We pride ourselves in continually offering varied activities for all ages in the community. If you have the desire to motivate and make a difference, you’ve come to the right place. The City offers temporary jobs in our Campsites, Centers, Aquatics and Playgrounds.
Minimum age for employment is 16 years.
Positions available at:
Application Process (for all summer positions)
The City is now accepting applications for 2014 summer jobs. If you would like to be considered for open jobs you must:
- Download an application for any current job openings at www.cityofberkeley.info/recreation.
- Fill out application and complete supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) and sign them.
- In the "Employment Record" portion of the City’s application, list all your paid or volunteer experience, as it applies to the job. Examples include: camp counselor positions, babysitting jobs, youth coaching experience, leadership camps, youth mentoring programs, etc.
- In the “Relevant licenses, certificates, or training” portion of the City’s application, list all relevant certificates that apply to the job. Examples include: First Aid and CPR, Lifeguard, WSI, etc.
- Attach all required certificates with your application. (Please refer under “job requirements” for required certificates for the position you are applying for with the City).
You may mail or drop-off your completed applications to:
City of Berkeley, Recreation Division
1947 Center Street, 1st Floor
Berkeley, CA 94704
You may fax your application to (510) 981-5160.
Upon receipt, your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted by phone or email if you are selected for an interview
Candidates under serious consideration must provide proof of a recent negative T.B. test prior the beginning of the program or agree to get one as condition of employment. An original Social Security card is also required.
Fingerprinting Requirement: California state law requires that all recreation employees and volunteers having direct contact, supervisory or disciplinary authority over minors be fingerprinted as a condition of employment. Candidates under serious consideration for hire will be referred for fingerprinting.
Candidates under the age of 18 will require a work permit.
*(pdf) This is a pdf format, if you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, please download from City's download site. If you are unable to access this information online, please participate by contacting us via email (email@example.com), (510) 981-5150, or TDD (510) 981-6903.