|Paramedic Skills Assessment:
This assessment is conducted the same day as the Chief's Interview. The Paramedic Skills Assessment consists of one or two scenarios that test basic Paramedicine and last approximately 15 minutes.
In addition to medical/trauma scenarios, you may be asked follow-up questions to assess knowledge of protocols, medications and/or pathophysiology.
Suggested methods of preparation for this assessment include:
- Field experience
- Knowledge of either Alameda County EMS Protocols or local protocols
- Knowledge of ACLS, PALS, PHTLS (or equivalent)
- Comprehensive and appropriate patient assessment based on patient presentation
- Knowledge of home medications associated with common medical conditions
- Knowledge of basic disease pathophysiology