CoBWEB Legal Notice
Legal Notice Regarding the City of Berkeley Website (CoBWEB)
- The City of Berkeley's website (CoBWEB) web servers and City-contracted vendor servors are maintained for the exclusive use of the City of Berkeley in communicating matters of general public interest via the Internet. While the City attempts to keep CoBWEB accurate and timely, the City neither warrants nor makes representations or endorsements as to the accuracy, quality, content, or completeness of the information, text, images, graphics, hyperlinks, and other items contained on its web servers. Web content is compiled from a variety of sources, and is subject to change without notice from the City as a result of updates and corrections.
- The City of Berkeley is committed to upholding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations regarding equal access to information will be provided upon request to the to the City of Berkeley ADA Officer at (510) 981-6342, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Hyperlinks on CoBWEB may lead to resources located on other servers. The presence of these hyperlinks should not be construed as an endorsement of these sites or their content. The City of Berkeley is not responsible for the content of any such external web site.
- To the extent permitted by the Public Records Act and otherwise legally permissible, commercial use of CoBWEB materials, content, and information is explicitly prohibited without the written permission of the City. All branding and trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
- The City of Berkeley retains copyright on all text, graphic images, and other content, unless otherwise noted. No person or entity may do any of the following without written permission from the City of Berkeley Web Manager: a) modify and/or re-use text, images or other web content from a City web server, b) distribute the City's web content, and c) "mirror" the City's information on a non-City server. Information linked to from CoBWEB that is referred to as “Open Data” can be used without first obtaining City of Berkeley permission.
- Communications made via electronic mail (e-mail), including "mailto:" links, and messaging systems shall in no way be deemed to constitute public comment or legal notice to the City of Berkeley or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action regarding the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to the City is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules, or regulations.
- CoBWEB and all materials contained therein are distributed and transmitted "as is" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. The City is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or contaminations of a web visitor's hardware, software, peripherals, or properties nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions resulting from use of or with respect to the material contained on its web servers, including without limitation but not limited to, any material posted on or linked to from CoBWEB. The City is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the site and/or the materials contained on the site whether the materials contained on the site are provided by the City of Berkeley, or a third party.
- CoBWEB is managed by the City of Berkeley, Department of Information Technology. Web content is produced by every program and department within the City of Berkeley.