2180 Milvia Street, 1st Floor
Berkeley, CA 94704
Phone: (510) 981-4970
Fax: (510) 981-4975
Employment Program for Berkeley Youth
YouthWorks operates Summer & After-school Employment Programs. YouthWorks will:
- Assess skills to match youth with appropriate jobs,
- Broker employment opportunities,
- Conduct outreach & recruit for special projects,
- Conduct job-readiness workshops,
- Collaborate with Community-based organizations that provide youth services.
- To download the YouthWorks brochure, click here
Youth Employment Opportunities
Are you a Berkeley resident between 14 and 25 years old? The City of Berkeley Youth Employment Program will be recruiting applicants for summer positions! Opportunities are available in the areas of office work, computers, customer service, recreation, landscaping, maintenance, food service, graffiti clean-up and more.
- For summer employment, pick up applications at the YouthWorks office during the month of March.
- Application period for after school jobs in the winter is during the month of October
- Year-round positions may also be available for older youths ages 18-25, call or visit the YouthWorks office
Contact our office to learn how you can provide valuable work experience to a Berkeley youth. We will:
- Pre-screen the applicants
- Provide job-preparation/work-readiness workshops
- Work closely with you to ensure a successful experience for both you and the youth placed in your company.
- Frequently Asked Questions