Citywide Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2013
On June 26, 2012, the City Council adopted the FY 2013 Budget, which included the Citywide Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2013.
Download the FY 2013 Citywide Work Plan here (223 pages, PDF).
The Work Plan reflects the day to day activities of the City organization, which includes delivering both baseline services and special projects. Baseline services are the services the City provides on an ongoing basis, such as garbage collection and emergency response. Special projects are additional efforts, often involving several departments working together over several years, such as completion of the New Animal Shelter.
The Work Plan is a functional document that includes an individual Work Plan prepared by each City department that reports to the City Manager. (Thus, the Work Plan does not include the City Auditor, the Library, the Rent Board or the Mayor and City Council offices.) The Work Plan helps us have a clear picture of the services the City is providing now, in order to make more informed decisions about allocating resources in the future.
A few notes about the Work Plan:
- The cover memo from the City Manager includes a sample of accomplishments from Fiscal Year 2012.
- Each department section begins with a summary page of its divisions and functional Full Time Equivalent (FTE) positions.
- Each department's work plan is a working document that describes baseline services and special projects.
- A list of all City commissions and their responsible departments is at the end of the packet.
- The Work Plans are functional, working documents that reflect a snapshot in time of the personnel resources in each department. The FTE counts do not necessarily reflect budgeted positions that are currently vacant, nor seasonal or hourly positions that may not currently be in use.
To go directly to the individual department's web page, follow the links below:
City Attorney's Office
City Clerk Department
City Manager's Office
Health, Housing and Community Services
Parks Recreation and Waterfront
Planning and Development Department
City of Berkeley Boards and Commissions
Previous Year's Work Plans
FY 2012 Citywide Work Plan
FY 2011 Citywide Work Plan